VXG video player SDK is a media playback software development kit integrated with the latest standards and technologies allowing you to create a custom mobile player on iOS and Android. Our SDK is designed to help our clients create value with mobile video playback. With our wide range of features and powerful tools you’ll quickly expand your audience, generate revenue, and create more effective digital communications.
VXG video player SDK consists of a set of resources for fast and convenient development of mobile applications for viewing various media streams like RTMP, HLS, RTSP, RTP, MMS, WebM, FLV, MP4, TS and other network formats. It has just all you need for your Mobile video playback solution!
There are several popular mobile media players, build on this Android Mobile video player SDK, that already have 1M+ users!
- All major file formats: AVI, 3GP, M4V, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MPG, MOV, RM, VOB, ASF, MKV, F4V, TRP, TS, TP, and more!
- 720p/1080p HD support.
- All major network formats: RTMP, HLS, RTSP, MMS, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, and more!
- Popular playlists: M3U, XSPF, XML. Automatically builds UI with names and snapshots!
- HLS replay and seek: Similar to functionality on a standard iOS player.
- Tunnelling: RTSP tunnelling over HTTP and HTTPS.
- Encrypted streams playback: Support of various encrypted formats.
- Recording: Recording of streams to the local storage
- Very low latency: CCTV mode optimized for use with RTSP.
- Multicast/Unicast UDP stream playback
- All possible screen modes: Single and multiple embedded screens, full screen, digital zoom, position and aspect.
- Multi-channel playback: Multi-channel playback, smart QoS, video only and key frames only playback.
- Smart thumbnails: Automatically extracts “main frame” from Live streams and files.
- Video preview: Multiple channels , Key-frame preview mode, no audio mode, PIP and preview.
- Video integration with any Activity – based on SurfaceView and can be integrated with any Activity.
- Custom and standard notifications – notifies application about connection, disconnection and other events, possibility to add custom event.
- Hardware and software decoders: Utilizes hardware decoder where possible, optimized for various platforms.
- Hardware acceleration – a new hardware accelerated decoder for HD video.
- Multi-core decoding – support of the multiple processor cores for decoding.
- Multi-channel support – simultaneous connection to multiple resources or multiple channels and simultaneous video decoding.
- Hardware pre and post processing – hardware de-interlacing and various pre and post processing using OpenGL shaders.
HOW TO USE
Android video player SDK works with Android version 4.0 or newer (lower versions can be customized and provided by request as well).
Android video player SDK package consists of the following folders:
bin Sample application package
libs Library files to be linked to the application
src Sample project to test VXG video player SDK
doc Documentation including this document
Eclipse is the build environment, so you will need to import the project to Eclipse for building the
sample application. The VXG video player SDK is based on SurfaceView and can be integrated with any Activity.
This Mobile video player SDK uses a Thumbnailer – it is the Class that provides the functionality to make thumbnails and stream
information for local files and network streams. Smart searching is used to make Thumbnail with maximum informativity.